Monday, April 4, 2011

You can do that?

I am always intrigued by the way kids minds work. They say and do things in such innocent ways sometimes, their view of the world simple, untainted, and still full of wonder. For example, I was talking with my daughter about how big our town is getting and she asked "Is it a hundred pounds huge?!?"  Or when Cordel 
says after a full nights' sleep, "MOM. I was asleep for like... a minute!"


On this day, I was making homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner and had told the kids I was going to make the noodles from scratch. The first thing out of Cordel's mouth was "You can do that?!?! Where is the box you're going to put them in?"  Having never seen me actually make noodles, he had no idea that they come any other way! So I taught them how to make homemade noodles and the entire time they kept saying "How do you know how to do that?" It was the coolest thing ever to them! Helping me roll out the dough, Sydnie couldn't get good leverage, so she said "Mommy, I gots to get up on the counter cuz I'm a little bit too little, but don't worry! If I fall, you will catch me!" Yes, yes I will.



2 comments: