Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Uh-oh Song

So, at our house when a child is misbehaving, we sing. Yep, we sing the "uh-oh" song and it goes something like this: "Uh-oh, a little bit of bedroom time comin' up here! This is so sad. Feel free to have a nice little fit! See you when you are sweet!" and the child stays in his/her bedroom until they are choosing to be nice again. This is a Love and Logic method and we love it! It works great. So, the other day, Cordel had to have a little bedroom time and he cries and carries on for a few minutes and then he's quiet so I let him hang out for a few more minutes. When I go to check on him, this is what I find:



He was FULLY dressed when I put him in there. Some how and for reasons beyond my adult imagination, he felt the urge to put on P.J.'s and complete his ensemble with a hat and gloves. His cute little face was perfectly priceless when I opened that door, and I just had to take a picture!

1 comment:

  1. This is me smiling!!! Doesn't it just work SO well? Kate always cries and cries and then 10 seconds after she stops, she starts saying (very nicely), "Mom-my, I tweet!" Repeat 10 times!

    ReplyDelete