Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Pink Throne

So, I finally forced myself to potty train little miss Sydnie. She has been showing "the signs" for a while now, but I was completely unmotivated to undertake that particularly unpleasant part of parenthood. But when the kid is ready, you just buckle down and DO IT (as my good friend and fellow Mom has been telling me for months now!) I know, I know! So, we bought a billion pairs of underwear, knowing from experience that I am just as likely to throw out a pair as to wash them (I KNOW, I KNOW! My grandmother would be appalled...) and warmed up my singing voice for my future performances of the classic potty song--- "Pee pee in the Potty! Pee pee in the Potty!" So, day one was pretty usual other that the child insisted on "going" every three minutes! Cordel, my official potty training consultant, and I spent HOURS in the bathroom with her with limited success, so I decided she needed a potty chair, so she can go every three minutes with a bit less supervision from me. Thus, The Pink Potty has taken up residence in our bathroom. The good news? We got it home, put it together, set it up, and she immediately peed in it! And has done so with 99% success since! Later that day, she ran into the kitchen buck naked and said, "Mama! I poop-poo in the potty!" I thought, "Yeah, right." And expecting a huge mess, ventured into the bathroom the find she did indeed poop in the potty. Without direction, prompting, cajoling, or bribery! Smart Princess and her Pink Throne!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you just so glad that I am insistent? LOL!!! I told you that it would pay off. Accidents are sure to happen, but keep it up 'cause the success will outweigh the 'leaks'. BTW, she does look super happy on that pink chair of hers!

    ReplyDelete