Thursday, August 20, 2009

Comic Relief and a Thanks Mom!

So, my bestest buddy in THE WHOLE WORLD is having a baby-- #4 and unplanned, as these things sometimes go, but after the initial shock and a general freak-out period, they are now happy and excited. However, my friend, who we will call JANE, has been fretting about how to tell her mother, whose reaction will be at best non-excited and at worst totally non supportive. This assumption is based primarily on her mothers reactions to previous "baby news" experiences, all of which were a disappointment Jane. So, we were e-mail chatting the other day and I had asked if she'd spilled the beans yet and she said they( she and her husband, uh, "John") had come up with a plan. On an upcoming visit, she and John planned to leave the sonogram of the new baby hanging on the fridge and when her Mom asks "Whose baby is that?" Jane is gonna say, "It's John's baby, but he refuses to tell my who the mother is!" LOL! This cracked me up and I just had to share. I love you, "Jane"! Thanks for being such a beeb! For those of you reading who are not Jane, yes--that is an inside word...and no, you don't know what it means.

My other thought relating to this post is to say how truly and completely lucky I am to have THE MOST AWESOME MOM EVER! I could not do what I do every day without her love and support, and I know from personal experience that there are people who don't have that blessing in their lives. If you don't believe me, refer to the story above.
I love you, Mom! Thanks for being who you are.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how funny! Really! Your mom is one of the best out there!

    ReplyDelete