Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dr. No

With the word explosion that Sydders is going thru, one would hope that Cordel would be as accommodating. However, he is staying true to the 4 going on 5 standard and keeping his vocabulary pretty minimal---mostly consisting of huge NO's and I DON'T WANT TO's. Sheesh, the kid is cute as a button, but sometimes I would cheerfully sell him for a quarter! All joking aside, he is actually a pretty good kiddo. He turns five in Sept and unfortunately cannot start kindergarten for A WHOLE YEAR!! He misses the stupid dead line by TEN DAYS!! The child can read. LITERALLY READ. Can anyone honestly tell me that being a measly ten days older would truly make a difference in his readiness to go to school? Anyone? Quite frankly, whole system of determining when a child can enter school is is SO inadequate. It sucks. Giving a child a simple test to decide if they are ready seems to be more logical, because we all know that just because a kid magically turns five doesn't necessarily mean they are ready any more that Cordel being born in the month of Sept means he's not.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Look at how cute he is, tho. Would you buy him for a quarter?

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love your title! He definitely is ready, but have you ever tried to argue with the school district?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, especially since I want him to go to the Academy. At this point I'm trying to follow the mantra "Don't worry about things you have no control over", which is hard for a control freak like me!

    ReplyDelete