Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Trash the Dress"

Here are some pictures of my Trash the Dress Photo Shoot. Even though it was a blistering 24 degrees outside, we had a blast. Sean, my photographer and cousin, did an amazing job and I can't thank him enough! Deb and Teagan, our "assistants", were awesome too! I will forever cherish the memories this experience created for me. I have wanted to do this for a while, but the opportunity didn't present itself until now. For those of you who are wondering "why" I will tell you this. It's not really about trashing the dress or disrespecting my husband, marriage, or family. If fact, I think it is just the opposite! "Trash the Dress" is about capturing amazing images and creating incredible memories. And I believe we accomplished both. Have a look and see if you agree...


We started out with some shots in the snow and I think they turned out amazing! It was SO cold-- wind chill that day was like 14 degrees, but it was also super fun! These are from round one...













































After about 30 minutes, we had to go in and warm up! The following are some shots from round two!! We changed up the colors and got some fun things going on.










In case you are wondering, yes, I AM lying in the snow, and, yes, I was freezing my butt off. I have a rug under my torso, but the rest of me is IN THE SNOW! Great shot, huh? I LOVE it!






Ok, so now we're moving on the the train tracks. Yep. I said Train Tracks, and as luck would have it, 2 trains came by shortly after we began shooting, providing us with some great drama! (my apologies to the conductors...I'm sure we gave them a heart attack, but hey, it's all in the name of fun, right?




When we got done with this set, we were all on a bit of a high! Sean was shooting like mad and all I could hear were these loud train engines and horns rushing by me. Awesome!


We headed on into the garage where we hoped to capture some cool and fun "grease monkey" shots with Deb's old VW bug. I got a bit dirty...but again, that's kinda the point, right?


We went with a "get me to the church on time, but the dang car won't start" theme... I know there's a lot, but it kinda tells a little story!






And finally, we wanted to try some hot tub "shots in the dark" and experiment with some different lighting. Pretty neat, eh?





So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the pictures! Again, a HUGE thanks to Sean, Deb, and Teagan. Look for future posts of "behind the scenes" and maybe a few more of my favorites...




*all images copyright Armatage Photography

6 comments:

  1. Those pics turned out Awesome! It looks like you had a blast and that is what it was all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally great are these pics?!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing these. What a fab time you must have had :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap - you are just gorgeous! I LOVE these pictures. I can't wait to see them scrapbooked and hanging on your wall! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot. You looked great and really took some great pictures. You are so photogenic. I think that was Larry in the train though!!. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being such a good sport and photogenic! It was a great time and I think the pics turned out really great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Heck--these are FANTABULOUS pics! I saw your question on my blog, and did a follow up post. But I see you figured it out and I'm so glad! You REALLY should submit these pics/scrapbook pages to a magazine. Me thinks you will go down in history! GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete