Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To my son

What the heck happened? It was just last week we brought you home from the hospital. Just last weekend you learned to crawl, walk, run.  Just yesterday I took you to your first day of school.  I remember clearly rocking you in the chair while feeding you in the middle of the night, holding you in my lap to read a book, picking you up for a snuggle. Now, you like tacos and pizza with you friends, you don't fit on my lap anymore, and you are much too big for mommy to pick up.  How did this happen so fast?  I am so proud of the little man that you are becoming, but I am not ready for it.  I want you to stay little for a while longer.  I need you to slow down and give me more time to cherish this amazing time we have together.  But I know that won't happen.  It has already been going by so much faster than I ever imagined. So please forgive me if I insist that we read one more story. Be patient when I take "just one more" picture. Don't laugh when I try to squeeze one more scrapbook page into your album. And when I ask you to give me one more hug and one more kiss, and then one more, know that I am just trying to slow the clock down. 



1 comment: