Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My first assignment!!

.
I received my first assignment back from my online writing school. I had to write a short descriptive character sketch (500 words or less). I chose to write about my sweet husband and the story about how we met. The following is what my instructor had to say.

"I loved reading this profile, McKenzie. Your writing is smooth, as well as friendly and accessible. I found no mechanical faults either... You have the skills I am always looking for in this first assignment, specifically the ability to bring a person to life on the page. The way you approached this profile tells me way more than a ten-page curriculum vitae of Shane ever could.... What a wonderful tribute to your Husband!" --Anne


The only thing she suggested was that I change a semi colon to a dash. Needless to say, I was quite pleased with her remarks. I hope I can do as well on my future assignments!



1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you. I think that this is so much fun that you are doing this . . . I really think that you could do free lancing too. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete